I pride myself on deepening my skills and knowledge as a practicing clinician so that I may be attentive and thoughtful for your concerns. I appreciate the opportunity to be of service in this most personal of ways. In addition to practicing psychotherapy with individuals, couples and families for over 25 years, my background includes some of the following experiences:
- Forgiveness Educator. Trained by Fred Luskin, Ph.D., in 2008-9 in his pioneering Forgive For Good practice, I have since taught and led Forgiveness workshops nationally for clinicians, mediators, couples, families and students in 2011;
- Private Practitioner, 21 years, Menlo Park, CA. Conduct general practice, with specialties in Alcohol & Chemical Dependency and Financial Empowerment;
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Adjunct Clinical Faculty, Department of Psychiatry, Stanford University, Stanford, CA., beginning in 1991;
- Chairperson, Colleague Assistance and Support Program, a California Psychological Association Committee;
- Coordinator, Structured Outpatient Program, Stanford Alcohol and Drug Treatment Center, Department of Psychiatry, Stanford Medical Center, Stanford, CA., for 4 years.
- Associate, Addiction Institute, Menlo Park, CA. Collaborated with Stephanie Brown, Ph.D., in the diagnosis and treatment of Adult Children of Alcoholics and individuals in recovery from chemical dependency for 10 years;
- Instructor, graduate level courses at the University of San Francisco, UC-Berkeley Extension and Pacific Graduate School of Professional Psychology;
- Mediator & Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association, San Francisco, CA. Trained by AAA as a Community Dispute Mediator and as a Commercial Arbitrator; and
- Group Leader. Co-led psychotherapy groups at Stanford for men and women addressing such concerns as breast cancer, HIV, prostate cancer and early life sexual abuse.